Pitru Paksha (Sanskrit: पितृ पक्ष, Pitṛ pakṣa; “fortnight of the ancestors”) is a ritual of 16 days and a very significant part of Hindu life. Pitru Paksha also known as Shradh is 16 days of paying homage to your ancestors who have departed from this materialistic world by offering prayers, food, and water to the ancestors. In Hinduism, people believe that the departed soul wanders in a space between Heaven and Earth, referred to as ‘Pitru Lok.’ In this place, they are restless. They still have an attachment to worldliness or, as Hindus term it, ‘Maya.’ During Pitru Paksha, all the prayers and ritual offerings for free the souls help them to transit towards Heaven or ‘Brahmaloka.’
What is Pitru Dosh?
Hindus believe that people, after their death, enter the world of ancestors, called the Pitru Loka. Those who reside in the Pitru Loka feel extreme pangs of thirst and hunger. They cannot feed themselves. They can only accept the offerings given during Shraadh ceremonies. The children need to appease their departed parents through the regular observance of the holy Shraadh rituals. Any irregularity in the rituals can bring negativity with the anger of the ancestors and result in Pitru Dosh.
Homage to the departed
The sacred period of Pitru Paksha has many names, and Hindus follow multiple rituals during this time. Pitru Paksha, Pitru Dosh, Mahalay, Mahalayaarambh, Shraadh, Shradha Paksha, fortnight for the ancestors, Pitru Pandhrawda, etc., are the different names for the same period. As Hindus firmly believe in the existence of an afterlife, they follow several rituals during Pitru Paksha that help their ancestors to attain peace. This forms a connection between the past and present generations. There are certain misconceptions about this period. Some believe that Vaastu Checks need to get avoided during Pitru Paksha. Many avoid buying items of high value or any positive spiritual activity during this time. But these are all misconceptions that you should not rely on.
When does Pitru Paksha start in 2023?
Pitru Paksha (shradh 2023) has begun on Fri, 29th September 2023 – Sat, 14th October 2023
Remedies For Pitru Dosh
If you happen to have a Pitru Dosh, you can follow these simple remedies to get rid of the ‘Pirtu-dosh.’
- You can offer food to the animals.
- Generously donate wealth and clothes to Brahmins on Amavasya day.
- Feed people who are poor and hungry.
- You can place Curd & rice procedures in South West corner.
- Do Sewa or of the older people.
- Light a Guggul dhoop & do Yantra Sthapana.
- Do Visarjan of Black Til or black sesame seed on Saturday afternoon.
Mantras For Pitru Dosh
By chanting these mantras, you can remove the dosh
- SHANTI MANTRA.
(मंत्र : ” ॐ श्री सर्व पितृ दोष निवारणाय कलेशम् , हं हं सुख शांतिम् देहि फट स्वाहा:”)
- RECITATION OF SURYA MANTRA
(मंत्र : “ॐ ह्रां ह्रीं ह्रौं स: सूर्याय नम:”)
- GAYATRI MANTRA CHANT
(मंत्र : ॐ भूर्भव: स्व:।तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं। भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि।धियो यो नः प्रचोदयात् ॥)
- GURU MANTRA CHANT
(मंत्र : “ॐ ग्रां ग्रीं ग्रौं सः गुरुवे नमः”)
Enhance Your Spiritual Journey With Energised Products
You can also use the divine and spiritual elements or products from Shastrafy to eliminate the Pitru Dosh. Buy the following products and bring a positive change to get over the dosh
- Kaal-Sarp Yantra: – A high-quality copper made to neutralize Kaalsarpa Dosh and bring peace and contentment to your life.
- Maha-Mritunjay Yantra: – Mahamritunjay Yantra Made of high-quality virgin copper, the Yantra showers you with the blessings of Lord Shiva(Mrityunjaya) and helps eliminate the fear of death, and cures every disease.
- Sarvkaarya Siddhi Yantra: – The Sarvakaya Siddhi Yantra is made of High-quality copper and is for your overall success and helps you to accomplish every goal in life with forces like Wealth, Troubleshooting, Hypnosis, and Analgesia.
Performing the rituals of Pitru Paksha is highly significant for every Hindu. Pay homage to your ancestors in this sacred 16-day lunar period. Get rid of Pitru Dosh with the right ways and spiritual objects to bring peace to the departed souls.