Essential Vastu Tips to Create the Perfect Study Room
Vastu For Study Room can help in strengthening the concentration of your child, a student in your home, or if you would choose to use that room as your study room. Ideally, a study room built according to the precepts of Vastu Shastra can give the student in the house, the much-needed boost to do well academically. Our Indic sciences have given solutions to every aspect of our lives. When pursuing academics and building a career, we need much focus, a calm mind to grapple with the subject, and increased retention power. Little do we understand that the placement of space, the furniture in it, and the colors of the walls could play an important part in aiding us to do so! In case you have family members who are in school or pursuing academics or if you need a haven where you can focus and concentrate on subjects of importance, then these are some Vastu tips for study room that you could deploy:
Placement of study room and study table
- The study room can be in the West, North-West, and/or West of the South-West.
- Ideally, there should be a lot of open space in front of the study table. This aids in concentration.
- While studying, face the East or North as the cosmic energy waves emanating from these directions are beneficial in stimulating the chakras. These waves enter our body through the Sahasrar Chakra, which helps in concentrating better.
- These days, in many houses, the study table is small and mostly attached to a wall. The presence of a wall in front of the study table isn’t good. A protruding cupboard from the wall (and the adjoining study table) produces energy fields that exert pressure on a child’s concentration while studying. This kind of arrangement should be avoided.
- The table can be placed near a wall, but one must ensure there isn’t any protruding cupboard from the wall.
- You can make the study room or the place vibrant, clean, and neat. It is beneficial to place a plastic, copper, or crystal pyramid on the study table along with a photo of Goddess Saraswati on the wall in front or place a Yantra to increase concentration. One can also keep a picture or a statue of Lord Ganesha. For people belonging to other faiths, one can accordingly use images or scripts to symbolize their faiths.
- It is ideal to sit in the South-West and face the North-East while studying. The North-East in the front should be vacant.
- Ensure that the back gets solid support.
- Do not sit below any beam or protruding cupboard overhead while studying. This could create energy pressure hampering focus and concentration.
- A study room in the North-East having a wall in that same direction is extremely beneficial.
- If there’s a window overlooking a crowded street, it is beneficial to face North or East as an alternative.
- If one is unable to concentrate while sitting in the North-West, change locations.
- Facing a direction other than the Northeast may involve more effort and lesser success.
- Intrinsic defects in the North-East direction, if any, can be rectified using remedial measures.
Vastu-verified colors for your study room
Use light/neutral color schemes for better concentration. Ideal colors for the study room are:
- Pastel blue
All the above colors have a calming effect on the mind, which leads to concentration. One must avoid the usage of dark tones. The subtle colors also enhance and reflect the natural light entering the room, thereby increasing the positivity and clarity, necessary in the process of studying or learning a subject.
About Vastu Shastra
Vaastu Shastra, the metaphysical edifice science of Indian origin, is a science of construction that synchronizes the balance between human life and nature. The five basic elements (namely space, air, fire, water, and earth), the eight directions (namely North, North-East, East, South-East, South, South-West, West, North-West), the electromagnetic and gravitational forces of the Earth, the cosmic energy emanating from the planets as well as the atmosphere and its influence on human life are all taken into consideration in the science of Vaastu Shastra.